- Temp/Freelance Job
- Publication / Company Name: Austin Way Magazine
- Location: Remote
- Job Description:
Do your friends turn to you for recommendations on where to eat on a Thursday night? Are you so dialed into Austin culture that your iCal is chockfull of gallery openings, concerts, and theater shows? Do you know the difference between hot cuisine and haute couture? Just kidding on that last one, but we’re actually serious…
Our digital team here at Austin Way magazine is looking for some freelance scribes who know the Austin area like the back of their hand, are familiar with the luxury market, and are well-versed in writing (SEO-friendly) content across a broad range of topics like fashion, beauty, food, drink, fitness, jewelry, and celebrities.
A little background spiel on Austin Way magazine online: The title is part of GreenGale Publishing LLC, the country’s preeminent regional lifestyle publishing company connecting the affluent reader with the most insightful and engaging content. Other websites include: Aspen Peak, Boston Common, Capitol File, Gotham, Hamptons, Los Angeles Confidential, Michigan Avenue, Ocean Drive, Philadelphia Style, and Vegas.
We are looking for online writers who:
-Have a strong (we’re talking Hulk-style) grasp on English grammar and AP style.
-Have experience writing for the web (College websites okay! Major publications a plus!)
-Know how to pitch click-worthy, timely stories for our upscale readership.
-Are able to write anywhere from 1-4 articles per week that range between 300-1000 words.
-Have a basic understanding of SEO best practices.
Does this describe you? If so, you may be our match-made-in-online-freelance-writing heaven!
- Job Benefits: Besides working remotely for the greatest people ever, a.k.a. us, you will earn cash and get online clips. Possibility to write for our other online publications is also on the table!
- Hourly Rate/Salary: The rate per post is $25, $50, or $75 dependent upon agreed word length.
- Job Application Contact Name: Catherine Park
- Job Application Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Submitted: 2016-05-09