- Full-Time Job
- Publication Type: Content-Based Website
- Publication / Company Name: Reviewed, part of the USA TODAY Network
- Location: Cambridge, MA or Remote
- Job Description:
Reviewed is seeking a Community Manager to help build and foster a group of engaged and passionate consumers who care about the stuff they buy and own. Creative individuals with ideas, enthusiasm, and hustle are strongly encouraged to apply. You’ll be part of a growing team and your work will be seen by millions on the USA TODAY Network.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. Our recommendations and advice are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work, with rigorous testing and helpful, shareable stories that speak to a mass audience.
You are a Community Manager who thrives in a team environment and enjoys forming relationships with people. You have a deep understanding of social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit and have proven success building engaged audiences through them. You have your finger on the pulse of what people are talking about and buying.Most of all, you can embrace our mission and jumpstart a wave of brand ambassadors for Reviewed.
The Community Manager works in our editorial office in Cambridge, MA and reports to the Director of Audience Development.
- Cultivate an engaged community of passionate people that drives audience to Reviewed and grows our followings
- Interact with followers on our platforms and reach out to influencers in our space to build relationships
- Create and foster best practices for our editorial staff to engage with readers
- Monitor social platforms for discussions taking place around the products and categories we cover, and insert our test results into the discussion in a thoughtful way
- Help identify formats and trends coming from the community that can inform our own content creation
- Monitor CrowdTangle each morning to see what’s trending on social for our competition and communicate content opportunities to staff
- Constantly test out new ideas for building the Reviewed community
- 1-3 years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience managing social media accounts for a publisher, brand, or blog a plus
- Deep knowledge of what makes content shareable
Strong writing skills
- Interest in helping people purchase the best products and make the most of the stuff they own
- A willingness to change and evolve with the ever changing digital landscape
- Experience working in an editorial or e-commerce environment a plus
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Please apply here: https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/gannett/Posting/View/25426
*You can also email the hiring manager, Sam, to let her know you applied after seeing the job listing on Ed2010.
- Job Benefits: We offer competitive compensation and a solid benefits package, including health, dental, matching 401k, PTO, and much more.
- Hourly Rate/Salary: Salary DOE
- Job Application Contact Name: Samantha Matt
- Job Application Contact Email: email@example.com
- Date Submitted: 2019-03-25