- Temp/Freelance Job
- Publication / Company Name: The Streamable
- Location: Remote
- Job Description:
Managing Editor (Freelance)
Interested in proving to your parents that you can make money watching TV? Want to help millions of cord-cutters learn about the best in streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, or Sling TV? Want to help them pick the right streaming device like Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and sharp editorial instincts to build and manage a freelance reporting team? Like working in your pajamas?
Here’s how it works:
The Streamable (thestreamable.com) offers the best in news, reviews, and deals on streaming services and devices, plus complementary services like internet and cell phone plans. Our site helps readers find new services to help them cut the cord on cable, streamline their digital subscriptions, and save hundreds a year.
We currently monetize when our happy customers subscribe to new services. Our team is made up of experienced marketing executives who spent the last 10 years in the affiliate marketing space — most recently on the executive team at Ebates.
We’re looking for a freelance Managing Editor to take our cord-cutting news and review site to the next level. You’ll be responsible for content planning, generating story ideas, assigning and editing content, and hiring & managing freelancers.
This is a remote position which will work closely with our core management team. The expectation is that it is 15-20 hours of work per week, spread over the entire work week. You should have familiarity with SEO, content optimization, and social media distribution.
The majority of current content on our site comes in the form of news articles which will need to be posted with urgency as they break. This means time-management and deadline accountability will be as important as your critical thinking and journalism skills.
Is that you?
- Hiring, training, and managing team of freelance writers
- Breaking news and generating ideas for new content
- Optimizing content for reader value and SEO impact
- Working with leadership team to ensure growth of readership
- Proofreading and editing
Experience & Skills:
- At least 5 years experience in online media as a journalist
- Experience creating and managing a strong network of freelance journalists
- Possesses a sharp eye for news
- Works well under deadline
- Demonstrated experience with online content optimization and SEO
- Experience in juggling multiple short and long-term deadlines
- Intense curiosity and willingness to learn about our industry and challenges
- Very collaborative and adaptable
- Passion for tech and media landscape
- Experience with cutting the cord
- Good understanding on new technology
- Basic photo or image editing skills
Want to Join The Streamable Team?
To apply, contact us via email with your resume, relevant writing samples, and any other information you think we should know.
Are you stuck in a job search rut? Ed’s here to help! We’re offer career coaching services (including resume and cover letter makeovers) for all stages of your career.
- Job Benefits: Pay, and management experience.
- Hourly Rate/Salary: $20-$25
- Job Application Contact Name: Peter
- Job Application Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Submitted: 2019-06-20