- Temp/Freelance Job
- Publication / Company Name: Going Merry
- Location: Remote
- Job Description:
About Us & Your Role: At Going Merry, we built a common app for scholarships. We launched it last year and now work with 9,000 high schools across the US, helping 150,000 students last year. These are high-achieving juniors. who join to find scholarships from thousands of independent providers, for example, The Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Hewlett Packard, and Sam’s Club. We’ve also just launched an initiative to work with universities to give our users more information about college admission.
Your role would be to help tell the story of Going Merry to the students, college counselors, admissions people, and scholarship creators who all use our site. We believe by writing great content we can reach more people and in doing so make college more affordable for thousands of students each year.
The Responsibilities: 15-20 hours a week
- Oversee our content pipeline and manage our content calendar
- Write content whenever Going Merry rolls out new products, is featured on the news, or wants to announce new scholarships
- Make data-driven decisions, writing and updating our content to find new users and educate existing users about Going Merry, particularly seeking to improve how users find us via search
The Skill Requirements:
- You are a great writer who loves telling stories
- You are organized, detail oriented, and can hit deadlines
- You are a super learner. We would expect you to learn SEO techniques and how to operate with WordPress
- You have an ability to self-direct, work independently and care deeply about making college more affordable for all
Email Nate@goingmerry.com with:
- Three blog topics that you think would be good for Going Merry and why
- At least one example of an article or blog post you have written. If you do not have an example, feel free to write an article for one of the blog topics you proposed to us
- The keywords that we should target to improve our SEO
- Job Benefits: This is a temp role. You would not receive benefits for this role.
- Hourly Rate/Salary: 15
- Job Application Contact Name: Nate
- Job Application Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Submitted: 2019-06-26