- Unpaid Internship
- Publication Name: Sister 2 Sister Magazine
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Job Description:
S2Smagazine.com is looking for editorial interns.
Interns will have a number of tasks, but are generally expected to assist in the production of content for s2smagazine.com. Interns will learn valuable lessons about how an online publication is run, including story construction, research, writing, how to meet tight deadlines and how to lay out multimedia content.
- Writing stories for the website as needed
- Reviewing the website to gain a familiarity with our tone and style
- Finding multimedia elements (audio, video or graphics) as needed
- Researching and fact checking for stories
- Promoting stories through social media
- Review transcribed interviews, some transcription as needed.
Hours: Sister 2 Sister requires interns to work at least 12 hours per week.
- Computer literacy including mastery of word processing software and ability to access and use the Internet.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and speaking ability.
- Evidence of ability to learn excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Working knowledge of wordpress
- Ability to work under tight or conflicting deadlines.
To Apply: Email a resume, brief cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please use “Internship” as the subject.
- Hourly Rate:: 0.00
- Job Application Contact Name: Allyson Leak
- Job Application Contact Email: email@example.com
- Date Submitted: 2015-03-15