Job/Internship type: Freelance
Company/Publication Name: Wainscot Media
Location: Montvale, NJ
Wainscot Media, the leading publisher of regional magazines for the New York metropolitan area, is looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, self-motivated editorial assistant. Candidates must be quick thinkers and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines. This is a wonderful opportunity for a recent communications, English or journalism graduate. May turn into a full-time position for the right candidate.
- Researching and writing items for calendar of events
- Researching and acquiring photos from events in the metro area
- Researching and writing news items
- Writing headlines, decks, captions and news items
- Sourcing products for home, fashion and jewelry pages
- Proofreading copy and layouts
- Some administrative duties
- Excellent researching, reporting and writing skills
- Proficient in AP style, Word and InDesign
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, plus work well as part of a team
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English or journalism
Rate: $10-$15/hr based on experience.
About the Company:
Wainscot Media is a regional publisher with offices in northern New Jersey. Our magazine brands in the metro New York area include the Health & Life family of regional lifestyle magazines. We also publish custom and sponsored media in other cities throughout the U.S., serving the fashion, jewelry and other industries. Wainscot is entrepreneurial and focused on growth, offering a great career environment for creative people. More information at http://www.wainscotmedia.com
Contact: If interested, please send your cover letter, resume, and some writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ok to mention Ed?: Yes