- Full-Time Job
- Publication / Company Name: Country Living/ Veranda Magazine
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Job Description:
As Copy/Research Editor, you will ensure that all content throughout Country Living magazine adheres to appropriate style, grammar, spelling, and factual standards. From start to finish, you are a key member of both teams, working closely with digital and print editors to make every piece of content shine.
NOTE: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 15, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- fact-check all articles for accuracy in Country Living print magazine
- copy edit all articles for grammar, spelling, and style
- route pages through Pre-Final and Final stages, inputting editors’ changes as needed
- review digital editions before release
- write and update digital articles as needed
- copy edit digital articles as needed
- 3+ years of previous print-magazine copy editing experience
- detail-oriented with an eagle eye (nothing gets past you!)
- strong research and fact-checking skills required
- degree in Journalism, English, or related field required
- experience with InCopy, InDesign required
- experience with editing recipes preferred
- experience with or an interest in the lifestyle and food space
- You must live in (or be willing to move to) Birmingham, Alabama for this role.
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels—print, digital, video and social—with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
🧚🏻♂️ The Talent Fairy is handling this search. For consideration, resumes must be submitted with a cover letter and salary requirements. Send your application to Chandra Turner at [email protected].
- Job Benefits: full benefits
- Hourly Rate/Salary: competitive
- Job Application Contact Name: Chandra Turner
- Job Application Contact Email: [email protected]
- Date Submitted: September 30, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com