- Full-Time Job
- Publication / Company Name: The Global Healthy Living Foundation
- Location: New York City
- Job Description:
The Global Healthy Living Foundation is seeking an editorial manager/senior editor to join its group of patient communities and digital properties. Reporting to the director of editorial services, the ideal candidate will be passionate about working for a mission-driven organization that is undergoing rapid growth and expansion.
The editorial manager/senior editor will be responsible for developing educational resources for patients (including writing as well as editing and assigning to freelancers) across multiple platforms.
GHLF focuses on patients living with autoimmune disease and chronic pain. Our websites host a large variety of educational materials for people with different medical conditions. Through our 50-State Network, we provide opportunities for patients and others to advocate for better health care in their community and to their local, state, and federal governments. Through our ArthritisPower research registry, we provide patients with the ability to track their arthritis symptoms, disease activity, and medications.
This position invites creative, thoughtful, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and flexible applicants. We want big-picture people with an appreciation and respect for the details required to execute initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing daily publishing for our sites, including CreakyJoints.org, GHLF.org, and 50StateNetwork.org
- Working with our current network of freelance writers to generate new content and products for our websites, as well as continually recruit new writers and bloggers
- Working with various members of our team to grow audience through SEO, social media, email newsletters, partnerships, and other strategies
- Assigning photos, illustrations, infographics, and other visuals to accompany content
- Staying up to date on the latest research in rheumatology, dermatology, gastroenterology, and other specialties in order to assign daily/weekly news stories
- Working with our marketing team to shape and execute our SEO strategy, including optimizing existing content for SEO and assigning new content to achieve growth goals
- Producing special projects, landing pages, downloadable PDFs, and other educational resources for patients
- Managing relationships with doctors, health experts, and professional organizations to help generate trusted, high-quality content
- Writing and editing e-newsletters and develop and produce new email products
- Assisting other departments with their content needs, including writing and editing various materials for the research and advocacy teams
Candidates should possess:
- At least 5 years of experience writing and editing content at a major consumer-focused website or brand, ideally in the health care space
- Compassion toward patient populations
- Sharp editorial eye, solid proofreading skills, and superior editing and news writing experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills and written and oral communication skills
- Passion for medical journalism, experience interpreting scientific research, comfort interviewing doctors and other health care experts
- Commitment to learn the ins and outs of specific niche diseases, especially those related to inflammatory arthritis and chronic pain (rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, osteoarthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, and more)
- Ability to adhere to a rigorous medical review and fact-checking standard
- Ability to analyze traffic and social media key performance indicators and to apply learnings to develop new, high-performing content
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system, email management programs such as MailChimp, social media platforms, and image editing software. Basic HTML / CSS understanding is desirable
- Openness to flexible working environments
- Spanish language proficiency (this is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related fields
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team of passionate individuals
Position is based in Manhattan and/or Upper Nyack, New York. Candidate must be comfortable with and able to travel to both offices. Some work from home is also possible.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package.
To apply: The Talent Fairy is handling this search. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Chandra Turner at Apply@thetalentfairy.com.
The Global Healthy Living Foundation is committed to equal opportunity for all full- and part-time employees, interns, fellows and contractors. It is GHLF policy that no one shall be treated differently, separately, or have any action directly affecting them taken on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status or disability where they are otherwise qualified or could be with reasonable accommodation. The immediate remedy for any act of discrimination shall be to end it, treat the individual equally, and, as much as practically possible, to eradicate any effects of discrimination. Discipline will be imposed where appropriate.
About GHLF: The Global Healthy Living Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with chronic illnesses (such as arthritis, osteoporosis, migraine, psoriasis, and cardiovascular disease) by advocating for improved access to health care at the community, state, and federal levels, and amplifying education and awareness efforts within its social media framework. GHLF is also a staunch advocate for vaccines. The Global Healthy Living Foundation is the parent organization of CreakyJoints®, the digital arthritis community for millions of arthritis patients and caregivers worldwide who seek education, support, activism, and patient-centered research through ArthritisPower®, the first-ever patient-centered research registry for joint, bone, and inflammatory skin conditions. Visit www.GHLF.org for more information.
Twitter: GHLForg, CreakyJoints
- Job Benefits: Full, dental, vision, 401k, and pension plan eligibility
- Hourly Rate/Salary: competitive
- Job Application Contact Name: Chandra Turner
- Job Application Contact Email: Apply@thetalentfairy.com
To apply for this job email your details to Apply@thetalentfairy.com