Our team is growing! The Local Girl team is hiring for a Managing Editor position — minimum of 3+ years experience in the editorial field in a similar position ideal. Position is remote, but being located in tri-state NJ/NY area ideal as we sometimes get together for work events or have opportunities for local coverage of fun events.
This position is overseeing our two sites as the Managing Editor — The Hoboken Girl + The Montclair Girl and working daily with our editorial, social + marketing teams to run the show.
- Leading our editorial + social team on content strategies + creativity to build site traffic
- Managing freelancers budget and assigning content/pitches — and hiring freelancers as needed
- Editorial calendar management for The Hoboken Girl + The Montclair Girl
- Proofing pieces submitted by writers + team
- Copy editing + fact checking— for SEO, readability, style, voice – in tandem with edit team
- Writing news content as needed/keeping up-to-date with local happenings in coverage areas / assigning news stories
- Reporting to Editor-in-Chief + working with Marketing Director + Graphic Designer to bridge marketing + editorial and The Local Girl growth strategy
- Team player, flexible
- New Jersey content + hyperlocal content lover
- Familiar with social trends, google analytics
- A people person, with an ability to stay focused + organized
- Able to work in a virtual team environment using Slack, Asana, Email, Google Meet
Experience preferred in:
- SEO writing
- Google Suite (docs, sheets, calendar, meet)
- Social media (not required but helps bridge the gap between social media + editorial!)
Please fill out this 10-question form + email resume + relevant experience to [email protected] to apply. We can’t wait to meet you!
(Paid edit test for top candidates required as part of interview process)
$75K + health benefits / 401K plan — salary dependent on experience. Prior experience in editorial is required.