Were you just laid off? Fear you’ll be next? Working in media has never been 100% stable. But lately. Ugh. It just feels like no place is safe.
It’s time to feel inspired about your career in content again!
Join Chandra Turner (that’s me!) and a select group of other editors (like you!) in an 6-week intensive boot camp. This virtual program will help you build your confidence and learn how to transition your editorial skills to roles outside of traditional and ad-supported media. We will work on getting your marketing materials in order (resume, Linked In), defining your unique skillset and expertise, and targeting potential employers. Our discussions will help you dissect job descriptions and their funky language, learn about roles available to editorially trained folks, and work through sticky issues surrounding applications, job interviews, networking, salary negotiations, and more.
Apply now! Camp starts the week of April 17*.
SPRING 2023 CAMP IS FULL
psst: no actual sweating will happen in this class!
What is a Career Boot Camp for Editors?
For $749 you get:
- 6 weeks of 1-hour virtual workshops with a small group of other editorial folk led by Chandra Turner.
- 90 minutes one-on-one with Chandra to drill-down where you need it, on your own time.
- Free admission to the Women’s Media Group virtual panel discussion: “Cushion Your Career! How to Prepare Your Pivot Outside of Traditional Media from Other Women Who Did It.” led by Chandra (tentative date: April 26 at 12 pm)
- 24/7 community discussions in the workshop’s private Facebook Group for inspiration and motivation.
- 10% discount on additional Talent Fairy coaching services for 12 months.
- Access to The Talent Fairy resume and cover letter templates, Where Editors Go Next list of successful career pivotors, and the Talent Fairy Career Resource Guide, which includes niche job boards, newsletters and organizations to join and follow, recommended skills courses, and more.
*What is the weekly day and time of the virtual meeting?
We will start the week of April 17. Because everyone’s availability is going to be different, the group will determine the weekly meeting time via a Doodle.
Why do I have to apply?
It’s just a quick survey. I want to make sure we get the right mix of people with similar career issues and no conflicts of interests (like, um, your boss in the same group). And to ensure that everyone is in the spirit of supporting each other.
Sign up here by April 10, 2023.
Fill out this quick survey now. Class size is limited. First come, first served. Apply by March 31, 2023 for a $50 discount. CAMP IS FULL FOR SPRING 2023
Questions? Email [email protected]