Working in media has never been 100% stable. But with all the recent layoffs on top of the massive changes happening in our industry, it feels especially uncertain.
It’s time to feel inspired about your career in content again!
Join Chandra Turner (that’s me!) and a select group of other editors (like you!) in an 8-week intensive boot camp. This virtual program will help you build your confidence and learn how to transition your editorial skills to roles outside of traditional and ad-supported media. I will provide an overview of the industry today and where opportunities are available for editorially trained folks. We will work on getting your marketing materials in order (resume, Linked In), defining your unique skillset and expertise, and targeting potential employers. Our discussions will help you dissect job descriptions and their funky language, learn about roles available to editorially trained folks, and work through sticky issues surrounding applications, job interviews, networking, salary negotiations, and more.
Apply now! Camp starts the week of Feb 12.
psst: no actual sweating will happen in this class!
What is Career Boot Camp for Editors?
For $879 you get:
- Here’s a draft of the full curriculum which breaks down to:
- 8 weeks made up of two private sessions with Chandra and six 1-hour virtual workshops with a small group of other editorial folk led by Chandra Turner.
- Your 2 private sessions with Chandra (30 min + 60 min) will drill-down where you need it, on your own time.
- 24/7 community discussions in the workshop’s private Facebook Group for inspiration and motivation.
- 10% discount on additional Talent Fairy coaching services for 12 months.
- Access to The Talent Fairy Career Resource Guide, which includes cover letter and resume templates, sample Linked In and portfolio sites, niche job boards, newsletters and organizations to join and follow, recommended skills courses, and more.
Sign up by Feb 9, 2024.
Just fill out this quick survey. Class size is limited. First come, first served.
Who is this class for?
The Boot Camp is designed for editors, writers, and content strategists with a background in traditional media, journalism, and/or editorial. Most are senior-level and above although if I have a good group of early-career applicants, I can make a special camp for you, too.
Why do I have to apply?
It’s just a quick survey. I want to make sure we get the right mix of people with similar career backgrounds, skillsets, goals — and no conflicts of interests (like, um, your boss in the same group). And to ensure that everyone is in the spirit of supporting each other.
How do I know when class will be?
We will start the week of Feb 12 with 1:1 meetings (which you’ll arrange with Chandra directly). Because everyone’s availability is going to be different, the group will determine the weekly meeting time via a Doodle which will start the week of Feb 19. (We have always been able to find a time that works for all!)
How is this different from other Talent Fairy coaching?
The material is the same but instead of only working 1:1 with Chandra as you do in the Talent Fairy Coaching package, you will be part of a small group of other editors, writers, and/or editorial strategists who are also working to redefine their career. The 8-week course tends to move faster and is less in depth given the nature of group coaching. If you want a more customized, personalized approach, sign up for the 1:1 coaching.
Other questions? Email [email protected]