Working in media has never been 100% stable. But with all the recent layoffs on top of the massive changes happening in our industry, it feels especially uncertain.
It’s time to feel inspired about your career in content again!
Join Chandra Turner (that’s me!) and a select group of other editors (like you!) in an 6-week intensive boot camp. This virtual program will help you build your confidence and learn how to transition your editorial skills to roles outside of traditional and ad-supported media. We will work on getting your marketing materials in order (resume, Linked In), defining your unique skillset and expertise, and targeting potential employers. Our discussions will help you dissect job descriptions and their funky language, learn about roles available to editorially trained folks, and work through sticky issues surrounding applications, job interviews, networking, salary negotiations, and more.
Apply now! Camp starts the week of September 11.
psst: no actual sweating will happen in this class!
What is a Career Boot Camp for Editors?
For $849 you get:
- Here’s a draft of the full curriculum which breaks down to:
- 8 weeks made up of two private sessions with Chandra and six 1-hour virtual workshops with a small group of other editorial folk led by Chandra Turner.
- Your 2 private sessions with Chandra (30 min + 60 min) will drill-down where you need it, on your own time.
- 24/7 community discussions in the workshop’s private Facebook Group for inspiration and motivation.
- 10% discount on additional Talent Fairy coaching services for 12 months.
- Access to The Talent Fairy resume and cover letter templates, Where Editors Go Next list of successful career pivoters, and the Talent Fairy Career Resource Guide, which includes niche job boards, newsletters and organizations to join and follow, recommended skills courses, and more.
We will start the week of September 11. Because everyone’s availability is going to be different, the group will determine the weekly meeting time via a Doodle.
Why do I have to apply?
It’s just a quick survey. I want to make sure we get the right mix of people with similar career backgrounds, skillsets, goals — and no conflicts of interests (like, um, your boss in the same group). And to ensure that everyone is in the spirit of supporting each other.
Sign up here by September 7, 2023.
Fill out this quick survey now. Class size is limited. First come, first served.
Questions? Email [email protected]