Did someone help YOU get your start in publishing? It’s time to give back as an Editorial Mentor! You’ll be connected with a recent college graduate who dreams of making their way in editorial content creation — ideally in your area of expertise — and help guide their way. #careerkarma
Apply to be an Editorial Mentor here.
Before applying, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
Mentors are ideally editors who work (or have worked) at an editorial brand or content marketing capacity for the last 12 months, ideally in or near NYC.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023 EXTENDED TO JUNE 9, 2023
What’s Involved in Being an Editorial Mentor?
Whether you and your mentor/mentee live on the same block or on opposite coasts, you can still have a successful relationship. Here are a few ways that you can connect virtually:
• Follow each other on social media and share/comment/engage in each other’s content in a positive way.
• Join fellow mentor-mentee pairs for small, subject-specific Zoom happy hours (i.e., women’s mags meetup, fashion meet-up, beauty meet-up).
• Share job posts, news articles, and other relevant info to support each other’s career and ambitions.
• Broaden your mentee’s network by introducing them to some colleagues / friends in media.
• Give a virtual “office tour” by sharing their screen and showing what their working on right now to get a behind-the-scenes peek into your job.
• There is no required time commitment for this program. Mentors should agree to talk or meet at their convenience. Mentees are required to make the first move in terms of setting up a call; we’d ask that you respond within 48 hours out of courtesy.
• Note that we do our best to match mentees with mentors who are working in the types of content and subject area that they are most interested in pursuing. We do this based on the answers to their (and your) applications. Fill yours out below.
Ed2010’s “Meet Your Editorial Mentor/Mentee” Party
June 21 at 7 pm EST via Zoom
Questions? Email Chandra for more info at [email protected]