Did someone help YOU get your start in publishing? It’s time to give back as an Editorial Mentor! You’ll be connected with a recent college graduate who dreams of making their way in editorial content creation — ideally in your area of expertise — and help guide their way. #careerkarma
Apply to be an Editorial Mentor here.
Before applying, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
Mentors must be junior editors who work (or have worked) at an editorial brand or content marketing capacity for the last 6 months to 5 years, ideally in or near NYC.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
What Our Editorial Mentorship Program Looks Like in 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we network — but it hasn’t put an end to it. Whether you and your mentor/mentee live on the same block or on opposite coasts, you can still have a successful relationship. Here are a few ways that you can connect virtually:
• Follow each other on social media and share/comment/engage in each other’s content in a positive way.
• Join fellow mentor-mentee pairs for small, subject-specific Zoom happy hours (i.e., women’s mags meetup, fashion meet-up, beauty meet-up).
• Share job posts, news articles, and other relevant info to support each other’s career and ambitions.
• Broaden your mentee’s network by introducing them to some colleagues / friends in mediat
• Give a virtual “office tour” by sharing their screen and showing what their working on right now to get a behind-the-scenes peek into your job.
Mark Your Calendar!
Ed2010’s “Meet Your Editorial Mentor/Mentee” Party
June 22, 2022 at 7 p.m.
We are hoping to host our first in-person event in two years, if there is enough interest and current gathering guidelines allow.
Questions? Email our official Editorial Mentor Matcher Leah Rocketto for more info.