Are you a recent graduate looking to make their way in the wild world of media? Apply to be an Editorial Mentee! You’ll be connected to a full-time writer or editor who will provide insight into the industry, give feedback on job applications, and connect you to other editorially minded individuals. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with dozens of other recent graduates looking to make their start in NYC’s editorial industry! This is where lifelong friendships and careers are born.
Before applying, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
-You are a Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or May 2022 graduate.
-You are living in or have plans to work for a New York City editorial brand
-You really, really want to work in editorial content creation
-You are not currently working as a full-time entry-level editor / writer in the media or content industry
Apply to be a Mentee and be matched with an editor mentor here.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Want to BE a mentor? Apply here.
What Our Editorial Mentorship Program Looks Like in 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we network — but it hasn’t put an end to it. Whether you and your mentor/mentee live on the same block or on opposite coasts, you can still have a successful relationship. Here are a few ways that you can connect virtually:
• Follow each other on social media and share/comment/engage in each other’s content in a positive way.
• Join fellow mentor-mentee pairs for small, subject-specific Zoom happy hours (i.e., women’s mags meetup, fashion meet-up, beauty meet-up).
• Share job posts, news articles, and other relevant info to support each other’s career and ambitions.
• Broaden your mentee’s network by introducing them to some colleagues / friends in mediat
• Give a virtual “office tour” by sharing their screen and showing what their working on right now to get a behind-the-scenes peek into your job.
Mark Your Calendar!
Ed2010’s “Meet Your Editorial Mentor/Mentee” Party
June 22, 2022 — 7 pm EST; this will be virtual. We’ll send a link closer to the date.
Questions? Email our official Editorial Mentor Matcher Leah Rocketto for more info.