Before applying, please make sure you meet the requirements:
-Must be a Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or May 2020 graduate.
-Must be living in, or have plans to move to/work remotely for a New York City media company within 2020 (we know it’s not exactly easy to move to NYC right now!)
-Must not be currently working as a full-time entry-level editor / writer in media
-Must really, really want to work in the magazine-media / online journalism industry in a big fat way! 😉
Junior Editors (Mentors)
Did someone help YOU get your start in publishing? It’s time to give back! We welcome any junior-level editor who works in editorial in NYC to apply. You’ll not only earn major #careerkarma but you’ll also get 20% off any Ed2010 / Talent Fairy coaching service you sign up for this summer.
What does The Buddy System look like in a pandemic?
You can’t get together IRL for coffee or cocktails, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a successful Buddy-ship! Other than our initial Zoom happy hour, here are a few ways that mentors and mentees can connect virtually:
• Following each other on social media and sharing/commenting/engaging in each other’s content in a positive way.
• Joining up with fellow mentor-mentee pairs for small-group, subject-specific Zoom happy hours (i.e., women’s mags meetup, fashion meet-up, beauty meet-up).
• Mentors can provide notes on resumes and cover letters via Google docs for mentees.
• Sharing job posts, news articles, and other relevant info to support each other’s career and ambitions.
• Mentors can offer a virtual “office tour” by sharing their screen and showing what their working on right now to get a behind-the-scenes peek into your job.
• and more! Get creative!
Questions? Email Chandra@ed2010.com for more info.
Has Ed helped YOU?
We are collecting stories from students, recent grads, and editors everywhere about how Ed2010 has helped them land internships or jobs. Has Ed helped YOU find a job that helped you find your dream job? If so, please share it with us: Shaye@thetalentfairy.com! And follow our campaign at #MyEd2010Story on social media. xo, Ed
For more than 20 years, Ed2010 has been advising media professionals on how to build successful careers in media. Founder and CEO Chandra Turner harnesses her years coaching creative people like you and her own career as a digital entrepreneur, editor, and media