Before applying, please make sure you meet the requirements:
-Must be a Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or May 2020 graduate.
-Must be living in, or have plans to move to/work remotely for a New York City media company within 2020 (we know it’s not exactly easy to move to NYC right now!)
-Must not be currently working as a full-time entry-level editor / writer in media
-Must really, really want to work in the magazine-media / online journalism industry in a big fat way! ;-
Applications are now closed.
Junior Editors (Mentors)
Did someone help YOU get your start in publishing? It’s time to give back! We welcome any junior-level editor who works in editorial in NYC to apply. You’ll not only earn major #careerkarma but you’ll also get 20% off any Ed2010 / Talent Fairy coaching service you sign up for this summer.
What does The Buddy System look like in a pandemic?
Welp, it doesn’t exactly look like the picture at left (no hugging!). But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a successful Buddy-ship! Other than our initial Zoom happy hour, here are a few ways that mentors and mentees can connect virtually:
• Have a get-to-know you Zoom (or old fashioned audio) call.
• Follow each other on social media and share/comment/engage in each other’s content in a positive way.
• Join up with fellow mentor-mentee pairs for small-group, subject-specific Zoom happy hours (i.e., women’s mags meetup, fashion meet-up, beauty meet-up). See the contact list for subject area categories.
• Mentors, you can provide notes on resumes and cover letters via Google docs for your Mentee(s).
• Use your Mentor to help explain media jargon, evaluate job descriptions (“Am I qualified?”), and connect you to other people in the industry who may be hiring or helpful in your job search.
• Mentors can offer a virtual “office tour” by sharing their screen and showing what their working on right now to get a behind-the-scenes peek into their job.
• You can both share job posts, news articles, and other relevant info to support each other’s career and ambitions.
• and more! Get creative!
Questions? Email Chandra@ed2010.com for more info.
Has Ed helped YOU?
We are collecting stories from students, recent grads, and editors everywhere about how Ed2010 has helped them land internships or jobs. Has Ed helped YOU find a job that helped you find your dream job? If so, please share it with us: Shaye@thetalentfairy.com! And follow our campaign at #MyEd2010Story on social media. xo, Ed
For more than 20 years, Ed2010 has been advising media professionals on how to build successful careers in media. Founder and CEO Chandra Turner harnesses her years coaching creative people like you and her own career as a digital entrepreneur, editor, and media